This 4 hour workshop covers the fundamentals of breathing from the paradigm of the Bio-Mechanical, Bio-Chemical and Psycho-Physical aspects of breathing.
The workshop is suited to:
- Personal Trainers
- Gym/Fitness Instructors
- Massage therapists working with fitness clients
- Gym owners/operators
- Movement gurus
The workshop aims to give fitness professionals a good grounding in respiratory physiology and function while providing easy to implement strategies to enhance your PT sessions and programs.
We will cover and include:
- Relevant anatomy and function - Is it belly breathing, rib breathing, mouth, nose??
- Relevant physiology and function - what does O2 and Co2 do and how does it relate to exercise and recovery
- How the nervous system and breath actually interact - Is it as simple and SNS/PNS?
- Strategies for implementing breathing into exercise sessions - how to bring this knowledge into sessions the next day
Breathing is a hot topic currently with a multitude of different approaches from Wim Hof to meditative breathing. In this workshop we'll look into how and why some of these techniques can work but importantly the frame of reference for using them relative to the client and their needs.